Candidate Instructions Purpose of this Assessment task
The purpose of this assessment is to test your knowledge in coordinating health and wellness programs as required by the unit BSBHRM531 Coordinate health and wellness programs. Your trainer/assessor will be assessing your work and provide you with constructive feedback on Canvas.
This task will assess your knowledge to:
• Research and analyse employee health issues
• Plan health and wellness program
• Coordinate program
• Evaluate and improve program By successfully completing this assessment you will demonstrate that you have comprehensive knowledge and understanding required to coordinate health and wellness programs. Structure of this assessment There are five (5) questions in this assessment. They are different in their designs and requirements. Some can be answered in dot points, some need short answers, while others may require more detail. Your responses or answers to the questions must be precise and clear. This means you must understand the questions correctly before you attempt to answer them. You must answer all questions by yourself unassisted by another person. However, you may refer to the reference material if you need to.
Your trainer/assessor will set a date and time to submit your response to this assessment and you must submit by that date and time. Resource to undertake this assessment Before undertaking this assessment, you should have studied relevant learning resources and by your trainer/assessor. You should have a good understanding of the applicable legislations such as those relating to privacy and confidentiality, antidiscrimination etc. You will also require a pen and paper and access to a computer with the internet to do this assessment. What specific WHS requirements may be involved? This assessment will require you to be aware of the standard Workplace Health and Safety requirements e.g. Workplace Health and Safety Act and Workplace Health and Safety Legislation Your trainer/assessor will advise you on these and other legislative requirements.
Reasonable adjustment If you have any literacy and numeracy issue/s in undertaking this assessment talk to your trainer/assessor, they should be able to help. Also, please talk to your trainer/assessor if you have any difficulty in understanding this assessment or if you have any special needs.
How to do this assessment?
1. Read the given questions a couple of times to fully understand what is expected from you
2.Answer all parts of the question completely and correctly
3. Write your answers eligibly in blue or black pen or type your answers
4. Use the provided template to answer
5. Once you complete your answers carefully read them and check for their completeness and accuracy
6. Keep a copy of your completed work to make-up for any unforeseen loss or damage
7. If you use additional paper to answer put your name and student ID on it
8. Note that this assessment requires you to undertake some web research. Your trainer/assessor will provide you a list of relevant websites and digital materials you must read through. Getting Started The assessment may be re-attempted on two (2) further occasions (maximum three (3) attempts in total).
All assessments must be resubmitted within three (3) days of receiving your unsatisfactory grade. You must clearly have “Re-submission” on your resubmitted work. All questions must be answered satisfactorily for the assessment to be completed satisfactorily. For any assessment conducted that is incomplete, or without satisfactory performance, the assessment will need to be completed again after further training support. This may be simply to focus on question areas not achieved in the prior assessment. Submitting your assessment When you are ready to submit your assessments, upload the files in Canvas via the submission tab. Word count In this assessment some of the questions include a word count. This is a guideline only, but your answers should not vary substantially (i.e. stay within +/- 10%) from the word count provided. Microsoft Word includes a word count tool. Objective To test the required knowledge of coordinating health and wellness programs Assessment Cover Sheet Candidate name: Candidate ID Trainer’s Name: Date Submitted: Candidate declaration: I declare that: • I have read and understood all the information provided in relation to the assessment requirements to complete this unit, the instructions and the purpose and processes of undertaking this assessment task • This assessment is my own work and where other’s works or ideas have been borrowed, I have appropriately referenced or acknowledged them • I understand that plagiarism is a serious offence that may lead to disciplinary action. Candidate signature: Task 1: Knowledge Questions Question 1 Describe key features of at least three (3) employee health issues. (100 words) Answer: Question 2 Give two (2) options for improving employee health outcomes. (100 words) Answer: Question 3 What are the sources of specialist advice? (100 words) Answer: Question 4 List the key steps in creating a program management plan. (100 words) Answer: Question 5 Discuss two (2) communications and marketing strategies for health and wellness programs in the workplace. (200 words) Answer: Question 6 Describe two (2) methods for monitoring and evaluating program progress and impact. (200 words) Answer: