Students are required to analyse a workplace conflict as a case study in groups. Group sizes will be determined by the teacher in week 1.
Teams need to complete the following:
• describe the conflict
• identify the causes and sources of the conflict linking to academic theory
• suggest strategies to resolve and manage the conflict
• present at least two alternative strategies to resolve the conflict
• determine and justify the preferred course of action
• outline the steps required to implement the course of action and methods of following up
• create a handout for the audience to keep with tips and strategies for managing conflict The analysis should demonstrate that team members have read and understood a range of material and can compare and contrast different perspectives on the issue.
The teams present their findings to the rest of the group. The group is required to develop a PowerPoint presentation to present their case to the class. Students may wish to enhance their presentation with role plays, activities and by providing the audience with a professionally prepared handout. Students will be assessed both on their understanding of the conflict management theory as well as professionalism and teamwork