1. What variables must be considered in designing the organizational structure for international operations? How do these variables interact, and which do you think are most important?
2. Discuss the implications of the relative centralization of authority and decision making at headquarters versus local units or subsidiaries. How would you feel about this variable if you were a subsidiary manager?
3. What are the four (4) major alternative staffing approaches for international operations? Explain the relative advantages of each and the conditions under which you would choose one approach over another.
4. Develop a cultural profile which might be applicable to many workers in Mexico and discuss the management style you would use.
5. Using Mexico as an example, discuss how you would develop a profile of an effective leader from the research results of the GLOBE project.