Read the Walt Disney Company case, and from the perspective of an executive with the firm, prepare a strategic plan to grow the business over the next three years. Your strategic plan must be future-oriented and include the following:
- A critique of the company’s mission statement based on the article ‘Mission Statements (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.’
- “The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to be one of the world’s leading producers and providers of entertainment and information. Using our portfolio of brands to differentiate our content, services and consumer products, we seek to develop the most creative, innovative and profitable entertainment experiences and related products in the world.”
- One- to two-sentence vision statement for the company.
- An assessment of the targeting and segmentation strategy of the company within its five major segments.
- An evaluation of the external environment (industry, market, and the general environment), and the internal situation (core competencies, brand reputation and loyalty, and customer-value proposition) of the company.
- A SWOT analysis detailing on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that may affect the organization. Choose three or four areas from your SWOT analysis and explain why the areas you have chosen are essential to your strategic plan.
- An assessment of the implications of digital TV and internet-based business models on the strategies of the company.
- An evaluation of the factors determined Disney’s international diversification strategies. Use the analytical framework proposed for the study of global media conglomerates (fig 9.4.- page 198 of the textbook).
The final paper / strategic plan:
- Must be 12 to 15 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text. Remember to incorporate information that you have learned from this course as well as your personal experience.
Due no later than Saturday, March 30 midnight ET.