The aim of this assessment task is to design and develop a Blockchain solution for a selected business. This assessment will help students to better understand and provide recommendations for managers, boards and stakeholders for adopting Blockchain solutions with the understanding of the potential future scenarios.
- Prepare a report and include the following points:
- Explain the context of your business (including the type of business, targeted customers, strategies, etc.) or the type of industry you have selected for this report.
- Explain the role of trust in the selected industry or business processes, current approaches for building trust (including intermediaries), and where a trustless system can benefit.
- Explain the role of blockchain technology for creating trust. Also select an appropriate business model to adopt blockchain in the context of your organisation and briefly justify your choice.
- Propose a blueprint or technical design for your suggested blockchain system. You should include the users, nodes, structure of blocks, and how it can be securely accessed.
- Suggest and briefly explain governance mechanisms for the suggested blockchain solution.
- List and explain possible risks and challenges (including ethical and legal challenges) for your proposed system and where applicable explain how you plan to mitigate these risks.
- Explain how future trends in blockchain technology can impact your proposed solution for the business or industry
- Write a report that addresses the areas outlined above. The report should not exceed 2,000 words. This excludes the reference list, title page, table of contents and appendices – if applicable. The report should be prepared in a word processing software such as Microsoft Word. The report should have appropriate headings and subheadings (including a cover page, an executive summary, an introduction and conclusion).
- Harvard Referncing