Prepare a balance sheet as of December 31, 2019.
After the success of the company’s first two months, Santana Rey continues to operate Business Solutions. The November 30, 2019, unadjusted trial balance of Business Solutions (reflecting its transactions for October and November of 2019) follows.
Business Solutions had the following transactions and events in December 2019.
The following additional facts are collected for use in making adjusting entries prior to preparing financial statements for the company’s first three months.
1. The December 31 inventory count of computer supplies shows $590 still available.
2. Three months have expired since the 12-month insurance premium was paid in advance.
3. As of December 31, Lyn Addie has not been paid for four days of work at $110 per day.
4. The computer system, acquired on October 1, is expected to have a four-year life with no salvage value.
5. The office equipment, acquired on October 1, is expected to have a five-year life with no salvage value.
6. Three of the four months' prepaid rent have expired.
1. Prepare journal entries to record each of the December transactions and events for Business Solutions.
2-a. Prepare adjusting entries to reflect a through f.
2-b. Post the journal entries to record each of the December transactions, adjusting entries to the accounts in the ledger.
3. Prepare an adjusted trial balance as of December 31, 2019.
4. Prepare an income statement for the three months ended December 31, 2019.
5. Prepare a statement of retained earnings for the three months ended December 31, 2019.
6. Prepare a balance sheet as of December 31, 2019.
7. Record and post the necessary closing entries as of December 31, 2019.
8. Prepare a post-closing trial balance as of December 31, 2019.