In conducting a job analysis, there are two areas: (1) job-based and (2) person-based structure. For this assignment, identify the needed knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs); the tasks, duties, and responsibilities (TDRs); and any other specifics for a registered nurse’s position. We will be using research efforts to complete the assignment. Refer to the BLS website to identify and collect needed data/basic information about a registered nurse’s position. Utilize to the A-Z Index to access information on registered nurses.Then, use the following website to create your own structure-based analysis: www.onetonline.org. Follow the steps listed below for the www.onetonline.org website to access the needed information.
- Search www.onetonline.org.
- Go to the Occupation Search section.
- Enter the keyword (registered nurse) or the O*NET-SOC code.
- Click the arrow.
- Identify/record code for registered nurses.
- Click Registered Nurses.
- View the report.
- Click the Custom tab in the middle of the page. (Note: You will customize/select your own job analysis specifics based on the job and person-based specifics.) The following information should be identified in the PowerPoint presentation:
- work activities and detailed work activities,
- technology skills,
- tools used,
- wages, and
- an explanation of what a job analysis is and its purpose.
- Check the appropriate boxes (see below for required information).
- Click GO.
Once the data is collected, complete an eight- to ten-slide PowerPoint presentation about the job-based and person-based structure needed for the registered nurse’s position.