As an intern with the local home builder’s association, you have been asked to analyze the state of the local housing market, which has suffered during a recent economic crisis…..
In the Summative Writing Assignment you will have the opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in your modules to issues presented in a documentary film (your choice of one) After viewing the film (you have 24-hour streaming access to the films online, you will write a three page essay critically analyzing the film.
1.Go to the Library home page at https://vcuhvlibrary.uhv.edu/
2. On the page-click”reserves”
3. Find my instructor name “Melissa Bamba”
4. It’s going to ask you my login information to watch a 50 min documentary video. And this password and login is temporary. I can see it when you login. You can only have access twice. V# is “V00104225” and password is “ZaxW7835”
-Documentary Film Critical Analysis Worksheet
DO NOT HAND IN THIS FORM. USE THIS FORM TO TAKE NOTES FOR YOUR ESSAY
Read the questions before you watch the film so that you will know what to look for while you watch. If you make notes while the film is playing, make sure that your note taking doesn’t interfere with carefully watching the film. You do not need to make any notes on the worksheet but after the film is over you will be required to fully respond to the questions for your Summative Writing Assignment. Remember, you watch the film through the Victoria College library website.
Complete the assignment by answering each question in paragraph form. Answers need to be complete and comprehensive, demonstrating that you paid attention to the film and thought about what was shown on the screen. You may use more than one paragraph if necessary. Be sure that the topic sentence of your first paragraph uses key words from the question. All responses should be in complete sentences using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. Your answers to these questions will form your first rough draft of your essay. Your final essay will be written in essay form using paragraphs and appropriate headings.
Taking notes questions.
1. State the title of the film and the year. Then briefly describe what the film is about.
2. Identify the people, places, events, or aspects of people or society that are the focus of this film. Describe and clarify the significance of each.
3. List six facts described in the film that impressed you and explain how each fact relates to the film’s premise or theme.
4. Documentary films can enrich viewers in several important ways. Describe any aspect of the film that showed you something you hadn’t seen before, caused you to think in a new way, or helped you understand something more thoroughly than before. In addition, describe how it changed your thinking.
5. Was there anything that you saw or heard in the film that was unconvincing or which seemed out of place?
6. What particularly appealed to you in the cinematic presentation of the film, such as the way in which particular scenes, images, or sounds were presented?
7. If the filmmakers were to ask you how the film could be improved, what would you tell them? Describe in detail the changes you would suggest and the reasons for your suggestions.
8. If someone asked you whether you would recommend this film, how would you respond? Fully explain your reasons for recommending or not recommending the film.