Write a 1,200–1,400-word essay discussing criminological perspectives.
Your assignment should:
- Describe the core arguments of each of the following criminological perspectives
- Trait (biological/psychological)
- Social (structure/process)
- Classical/Choice (deterrence)
- Support an argument for which of the two sentencing models (determinate or indeterminate) you feel is most likely to be effective at addressing crime from each of the three perspectives.
- Determine, based on the totality of information you have gathered over the last two units, which sentencing model you believe is likely to have the greatest potential to reduce crime and why.
Format your work consistent with APA guidelines and include a title and reference page. Cite a minimum of three reliable sources within the body of your paper using in-text citations where appropriate.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Your submission should include a title page and reference page in 10- to 12-point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable).
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified as well as original and insightful.
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- Appropriate citation style should be followed.
You should also make sure to:
- Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date.
- Include introductory and concluding paragraphs and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Use examples to support your discussion.
- List all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cite them within the body of your paper using APA format and citation style. For more information on APA guidelines, visit Academic Tools.
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment
Compose your assignment and save it in the following format: Course#_Last name First
name Unit # Assignment (example: CJ299_SmithJohn Unit 1 Assignment). Submit your assignment to the appropriate Dropbox by the end of the unit.