You have been appointed as a Network System Administrator by the SoftTech company in Sydney to allocate public IP Version 4 (IPv4) address into 3 different locations, “2 remote offices (Melbourne and Adelaide) and also one main office in Sydney”. The major task is to allocate the unreserved public IPv4 addresses to different offices.
Your network design needs 4 subnets:
1. Subnet A (Sydney): It requires 63 IP addresses (60 for PCs and 2 for servers (Windows, Fax), and 1 for router interface).
2. Subnet B (Melbourne): It requires 53 IP addresses (50 for PCs and 2 for servers (DNS, Database), and 1 for router interface).
3. Subnet C (Adelaide): It requires 43 IP addresses (40 for PCs and 2 for servers (Linux, Application).
4. Subnet D (Between two routers): It requires just 2 IP addresses.
You need to use routers and switches to make a connection among devices and also between networks. Each office has its applications, but some applications require inter-department data transfer. All workstations need internet access, company intranet access, and also access to a wireless network. You need to come with a design report and send it to your technical manager.
Report: The report must contain the following sections:
Critical analysis of networking requirements.
2. Local Area Network (LAN):
Design and description of Local Area Network for all subnet which must include:
a) Network topology; Discuss the reasons for choosing the particular network topology.
b) LAN design connections to the servers, connection to other subnets, and also the internet.
c) IP addresses: Find all network and host addresses including subnet masks according to the requirements by using the private address with your choice.
Provide a complete description of all interconnecting devices (switches, routers, hubs, and access points) and wiring used to build the network. Justify your choice.
A comprehensive summary of the work done and recommendations.