M.W. is a 70-year-old white woman with a medical history of hypertension, osteoarthritis, atrial fibrillation, and total hysterectomy who lives by herself in a two-story row home. She visits the….
Choose a nursing specialty (e.g. oncology, pediatrics, psychiatric) or a role (e.g. school nurse, nurse manager, nurse entrepreneur, nurse faculty). Research the working role and occupational outlook for your selected nursing specialty or role.
1 Writing Activity: Exploring Nursing Assignment Start Assignment
- Due Jan 15 by 11:59pm
- Points 100
- Submitting a file upload
- File Types doc, docx, and pdf
- Available until Jan 17 at 11:59pm
EXPLORING NURSING ASSIGNMENT
Choose a nursing specialty (e.g. oncology, pediatrics, psychiatric) or a role (e.g. school nurse, nurse manager, nurse entrepreneur, nurse faculty). Research the working role and occupational outlook for your selected nursing specialty or role. *Make note of what websites you are using, as you will need to provide them below.
- In a new Word document, start with your name and date at the top
- Copy and paste the questions below (keep the numeric question format in your document)
- Answer each question, avoiding plagiarism. You do not have to use formal APA for this assignment as long as you indicate where your information came from.
- You may use list form or bullet points if applicable.
- Submit the completed Word document to Canvas
Answer the following questions for this assignment:
- What specialty or role did you choose?
- What are the educational requirements? You do not have to include basic training like CPR, but include all degree requirements, license requirements, and any other specialized training required.
- Describe available certifications specific to that specialty. Include the name of the certification, eligibility requirements, and how the certification is earned.
- What does a nurse do in this role? You may include some general nursing roles, but you should include a minimum of 3 things that are SPECIFIC TO THAT SPECIALTY.
- Describe possible locations/settings where this nurse can work.
- Identify the professional nursing organization that represents this specialty in the United States. Some specialties have more than one associated professional organization. Please choose one to list here, along with their mission or vision statement.
- What websites did you use to find your information? Please include both the name of the website as well as the URL address. You may simply list below.