Reawakening the Magic: Bob Iger and the Walt Disney Company Harvard Business Case Study:
1. Have you visited a Disney theme park? If so, give your unvarnished (very honest) assessment of how good the visit was for you and whomever accompanied you.
2. If you HAD to take a side, would you argue Disney generally do or does NOT have a successful corporate-level strategy? What are you basing your judgement on?
3. What went wrong at Disney after Wells died and Katzenberg “left”/was fired?
4. Why did Iger do so many acquisitions? Why acquire vs. develop in house?
5. What challenges does Disney face presently (beyond COVID)?