As an intern with the local home builder’s association, you have been asked to analyze the state of the local housing market, which has suffered during a recent economic crisis…..
ТHЕ IMРLIСАTIОNS ОF NЕW GЕRЕRАTIОN RЕNЕWАBLЕ ЕNЕRGY SОURСЕS FОR WILDLIFЕ АND HАBITАTS
THE IMPLICATIONS OF NEW GENERATION RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES FOR WILDLIFE AND HABITATS
Each group should prepare a joint abstract 200 words (max.) and reference list for their topic. The reference list should take the form of 10-12 key references used to prepare the seminar and include for these sources a brief (3-4 lines maximum) explanation of the subjects covered by the source/why you found the source useful (staff will give some initial guidance on sources.) This annotated reference list must following the Harvard scheme and be ordered alphabetically by author surname and be sent to Martyn Waller (by email attachment in word, Arial font 10 for main text, font 11 for headings, margin 2.5cm). These will be collated and circulated to everyone on the module as a Seminar Booklet. Harvard conventions should be used; for guidance see inter alia Journal of Ecology, Journal of Applied Ecology, Biological Conservation.
Your seminar will be assessed according to:
• The group abstract (is it succinct, clear and appropriate?) and annotated reference list (is this a good and comprehensive selection appropriately explained and listed using Harvard conventions?) 30%
• Your presentation (on your sub-topic)
• appropriateness of academic content, i.e. have you adequately prepared the sub-topic
and the range of materials consulted 40%
• effective collaboration between group members in the presentation (e.g. introductory and concluding materials) 10%
• good use of visual aids 10%
• clarity of oral presentation 15 minutes max + 5 minutes question time.10%
Each group should keep a diary relating to the preparatory work for the seminar. This should include attendance at, and the frequency of, your meetings and is designed to ensure full participation by all group members.
ABSTRACT 200 WORDS & 12 REF
FOCUS ON :
BIOFUELS BIODIVERSITY VALUSE CRIP MANAGEMENT
WIND FARMS ONSHORE AND OFFSHORE, BIRD DISTUBANCE, HABITAT MITIGATION POTENTIAL?
TIDAL E.G STRANGFORD LOUGH
PRESENTATION 5 SLIEDS 5 REF
TIDAL E.G STRANGFORD LOUGH ( ONLGY WHICH IS THIS IS MY PART )
IMMEDIATE DISTRUBANCE IS A BIG ISSUE BUT WHAT ABOUT LONG TERM GAIN IN CLIMATE TERMS IS THIS A VALID ARGUMENT?
ARE WE STILL AT A STAGE WHERE THE TECHNOLOGIES ARE BEING INCORRECTLY SITED?
YOU MUST FOCUS ON WILDFLIF AND HABITAT EFFECTS RATER THAN THE TECHNOLOGIES